Google calendar seems lackluster. But the truth is that this app has a lot more to offer than what meets the eye. Apart from its functionality as a reminder, scheduler and note maker, the calendar has an array of useful features and powerful options. In fact, the deeper you delve into it, the more you will start understanding its organizing capabilities.
In this post, we are going to help you get organized with the ultimate Google calendar cheat sheet that anyone can use. All you have to do is install Whatfix’s Flow Editor Extension and integrate the features you like in minutes.
Install our extension and then click on the orange See Live button on each of the Whatfix flow.
What are Whatfix flows and how to create them?
Let’s dive in.
1. Personalize your calendar
Personalization is the key in today’s day and age. So let us start with the basics and customize your calendar.
Click on See Live on the flow embedded below to make the following changes:
- Give a custom name for your calendar
- Customize your event notifications
- Share your calendar with your friends, family or colleagues
- Import an existing calendar or export current calendar
- Browse and add some interesting custom calendars
2. Organize and schedule events
What makes Google calendar amazing is its ability to schedule events. Each of these events can be customized in different ways when you create them. Creating events beforehand will help you save time spent on planning a meeting. Here are few things that you may want to try out:
- Find the best time for a meeting/event
- Schedule a Google hangouts video conference
- Share important documents and sheets
- Sent a reminder to your guests
- Schedule the time and location precisely
To get a live view of how to customize the calendar events, click on See Live:
Read also: 8 YouTube Hacks That You Must Know
3. Set up Google labs
The innovators at Google have an experimental platform called Google labs. This is where you’ll find Google’s beta apps. Check out this list for the special features in Google labs for Google calendar:
- Get distraction free gentle notifications
- Auto decline invitations when busy
- Who’s my one-on-one meeting with?
- Know whether your colleague is free or busy
- Get a timer for your next meeting
- See different time zones on the world clock
Want to know how to activate these features? Click on See Live:
4. Get the offline Google calendar
Always be prepared for the worst. You may never know when your internet might go down and with it, your whole preplanned schedule. With this option enabled, your calendar will automatically sync with your Chrome browser and will be available offline.
Click on See Live and make your Google calendar work offline right away.
Read also: Six LinkedIn Hacks To Get Hired
Like our blog posts? Share it with your friends, family, and colleagues and to be updated with our posts, please do subscribe to our weekly newsletter.