Meet the Speakers
Senior Manager, EMEA, Whatfix
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- Digital Transformation and the widening employee skill gap
- Need for learning and training
- Challenges with a remote workforce
- Reimagining learning delivery
- How a DAP enables adaptive learning
In the rush to be an agile company that meaninglessly adopts new learning technologies, creates hundreds of new courses and disseminates them rapidly; we sometimes lose sight of what is really important. We forget that training needs to be first and foremost about helping employees solve their day-to-day issues, and then everything else. Currently, it takes far too many clicks to find learning content that employees need. And the content itself is so tedious and long that the employee’s attention is not retained for long. Also, at a time when the average knowledge worker is struggling to set aside time (just five minutes per day) for formal learning, the traditional learning system is quite redundant.
The need for learning and training is stronger than ever. Why?
- Multiple complex software systems are used by organizations on a daily basis which requires employees to be efficiently trained.
- To search for information like how to perform a task on the new software, the user has to go through different fragmented sources which consumes a lot of their time.
- Cloud applications are upgraded frequently with new features and workflows requiring app users to update their knowledge of the app as well at regular intervals.
- Classroom training is time taking and users are susceptible to forget since there is a delay in the application of acquired knowledge. Hence, low retention of knowledge is one of the key problems that classic e-learning and classroom training have.
Why are traditional training methods not effective anymore?
- 90% of knowledge acquired in a classroom is forgotten within 1 week
- 30% of a typical working day is spent on knowledge discovery
- Today’s learners expect knowledge to be instant, contextual & experiential
The Challenges Remain, with a Remote Workforce
- Remote training has its limitations in terms of social interaction
- Peer help is not instant. Query resolution takes longer than normal
- Knowledge delivery is not instant and contextual. Learners become disengaged
- L1 support queries increase exponentially, overwhelming the support team
The Whatfix Solution…
The learning delivery is reimagined by hitting on that 70% of the 70-20-10 model.
According to the 70-20-10 model, 70% of your training and learning happens on the job, 20% through peer interactions, and 10% through your formal education. According to many surveys conducted with the L&D leaders, they agree that information needs to be imparted in bite-sized formats just in time when the user needs it. Also, it needs to be personalized for every individual. Contextualizing and personalizing training according to individual users prevent them from getting disengaged.
Hence, learning by doing is the modern way of learning today. And that brings us to a Digital Adoption Platform. A DAP makes sure that the users while using an application in real-time, receive help, and bite-sized training content when and where they need it. It also personalizes the training content according to different job roles in an organization.
Whatfix is a pioneer in the digital adoption solutions category. And we are working with 650 plus customers across the world today, helping them with their learning and training requirements. Whatfix Digital Adoption Solutions helps organizations with on-demand task-based training, learning in the flow of work, and contextual support that accelerates user adoption. It can be used to create and deliver contextual and interactive content based on a specific role. All these features provided by Whatfix improves the ongoing learning and training process, reduces the number of support queries, bring down the total cost of an application, and increases user adoption.
So these were some of the key takeaways from the webinar. In case you missed our webinar or want a more extensive understanding of how to bridge the employee skill gap with adaptive learning, you can simply register for our on-demand webinar recording by filling the form above.