Sophos is a leading global cybersecurity company that offers both software as well as hardware solutions. While being listed on the London Stock Exchange, it is also a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Headquartered in Abingdon, United Kingdom, Sophos has 3,319 employees spread across offices in the US, EMEA and APAC regions.
“Support and guidance is excellent and I’m sure this will continue. App development is also good. Whatfix listens to feedback and provides regular feature updates – roughly on a quarterly basis. Whatfix is a contributing factor to YoY 15% reduction in Sales Ops cases globally – that equates to roughly 12,000 cases a year less.”
The Challenge of Managing Change due to Frequent Salesforce Updates
Sophos went live with Salesforce to increase win rates by making the sales process more streamlined and managing their business and client relationships effectively. While this has been a very crucial investment, the rate of change in Salesforce posed a great challenge. Salesforce released new features and updates every quarter and Sophos keenly wanted to benefit from those by enabling their sales rep to leveraging these features in the sales process. Additionally, Sophos updates and customizes Salesforce every month, to better suit their internal requirements. With Salesforce users spread across 7 countries, this challenge was further magnified. While the sales operations team at Sophos is a strong believer of in-person training, it felt the need for providing self-serve support and training to users. Thus, Sophos decided to implement Whatfix to provide interactive, on-demand training that helps users in the flow of work.
Benefits to Business, Feb 2018 – Jan 2019
Reasons for Choosing Whatfix
Sophos chose Whatfix as the preferred solution for the following reasons:
- Usability for Admins: A highly functional, yet easy to use tool for admins
- Effectiveness for Users: A tool that provides ‘just-in-ime’ training to Salesforce users
- Excellent Customer Service: Quick turnaround time offering the best solution to customer problems
- Quick Time-to-Value: A comprehensive product with the quickest go-live in comparison to competitors
Effective Change Management & Unified Communication
Sophos uses Whatfix to efficiently manage change on Salesforce, and to reinforce learning provided during the initial training period.
Effective Change Management: Sophos experiences not just the quarterly Salesforce updates, but also monthly Salesforce updates/customisations to meet internal requirements. That’s a lot change for users to adapt to in a short period of time. Whatfix helps Sophos manage this change in the following ways:
- In-App Support: Sophos sales representatives now have access to a 24×7 personalised in-app assistant in the form of Whatfix from which they receive on-demand information, not just from Whatfix content but also from knowledge bases. This has eliminated the need for users to raise support tickets. As a result, instead of waiting for the tickets to get resolved, sales representatives quickly move on with their tasks. By doing so, Sophos experienced a 15% (~12,000 tickets) reduction in sales operations support tickets, globally.
- Real-Time Training: Sophos has effectively used Whatfix for increasing the recall of initial training. With Whatfix, updates communication and training has become real time. With new information available within Salesforce, employees receive learning in the flow of work and get interactive guidance when it is most needed.
- Business Compliance: Sophos ensures users stay compliant by using Smart Tips that provide specific information about each new Salesforce button or form field. With 116,061 Smart Tips shown in total in 12 months (~400 Smart Tips displayed every day), users are more confident in taking the right action.
Unifying Internal Communications using Whatfix Content: Sophos took a very methodical approach towards their launch plan. First, they created Walkthroughs for the basic functionality of Salesforce such as leads, opportunities, etc. Next they moved to slightly more complex features that their users were uncomfortable with and created Guided Walkthroughs and Smart Pop-Ups. Sophos also used Whatfix to align the Sales and Product Management teams by embedding videos and other media to unify all product communication, instead of relying on various communication tools.
“I realized the value whilst at home on my iPhone. Pretty much every app installed walks me through how to use new features once they are installed. I realized a work application should be no different. In the modern world, people expect change. They also expect change to be made smooth and as easy as possible. Whatfix does that.”