Exploring Whatfix Alternatives & Competitors?
Discover why Whatfix is the best and most trusted digital adoption platform (DAP) in 2022 by comparing its ease of use, feature set, and overall platform capabilities against its top alternatives and competitors.
With the digital adoption platform software market growing at a rapid pace, there is a proliferation of tools in the DAP market which claim to be a Whatfix alternative in their bid to capture a share of the market.
Again and again, however, real-users rate Whatfix as the best digital adoption platform on the market on G2, citing its ease of use, content creation feature set, world-class customer onboarding and support, and much more.
Whatfix outsmarts the point vendors and is a complete solution to offer in-app guidance, personalized experience, and analytics to provide actionable insights.
We compared Whatfix features and pricing to five key competitors to make it easier for you to find the right user onboarding and employee training solution for your company’s needs.
What Is Whatfix?
Whatfix is the leading digital adoption platform that offers both cloud and on-premise deployment options. It empowers companies to onboard, train, and support remote and in-office employees on enterprise applications to drive user adoption, cut training and support costs and improve productivity at scale.
Whatfix is also used by companies to improve their overall customer experience through better adoption of its customer-facing applications and creating an on-demand support system with in-app self-help content.
Whatfix is deployed globally and trusted by a big number of Fortune 500 companies to improve empower users while navigating change management, digital transformation, and the overall digital workplace. Whatfix is time-and-again named one of the highest-rated solutions on G2, Capterra, and Gartner on the DAP space.
Looking for a more in-depth comparison of all leading digital adoption platforms? Explore our comparison guide of the best digital adoption platforms in 2022.
Above: Example of Whatfix’s digital adoption platform.
Why Is Whatfix a Better DAP Than All the Whatfix Alternatives?
Although while comparing digital adoption solutions, Whatfix alternatives might share few capabilities with Whatfix as user onboarding software, the following unique functionalities differentiate Whatfix from its competitors:
Whatfix offers a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface to its end-users. Right from content creation to consumption the ease of use is unparalleled and doesn’t require any prior knowledge. It transforms a newbie into a pro by offering interactive on-screen guidance and improving the customer onboarding experience.
Apart from these features, Whatfix offers stellar customer support and can proudly say that it has industry-leading customer support (9.8/10, according to user reviews on G2) that ensures organizations always get the most ROI from their DAP investments.
In G2’s Winter 2022 reports, Whatfix earner top marks in both overall and enterprise segments in the customer self-service & digital adoption platform categories – resulting in 13 G2 awards.
Customer suggestions and requests make up about 60% of the Whatfix product roadmap. And with a transparent pricing model that includes unlimited customer support, it’s easy to see how Whatfix delivers value beyond the product.
Whatfix vs. Best Alternatives
We compared five Whatfix competitors and alternatives to help you decide which DAP is right for your business. Here is how Whatfix breaks down against its top competitors:
- SAP Enable Now
Walkme vs. Whatfix
Unlike Walkme, Whatfix offers a superior analytics capability for actionable insights. Whatfix also reduces content creation time by creating multi-format content simultaneously and fostering a self-serve culture. Whatfix allows its users to obtain automatic contextual help via a self-help widget.
Whatfix consistently receives higher ratings than WalkMe on review platforms such as Capterra and G2, in categories ranging from customer support to ease of use to features and functionality.
Here are a few additional reasons to choose Whatfix as your DAP:
- Easy installation: While WalkMe installation requires some technical knowledge, starting with Whatfix is as simple as adding a browser extension.
- Automated content creation: When you create walk-throughs, Whatfix automatically generates the information in multiple content formats, including slideshows and videos.
- SCORM Compliance: Whatfix’s SCORM-compliant packages enable you to easily upload walk-throughs to your learning management system (LMS) to create interactive courses.
- Contextualized guidance: Whatfix offers relevant walk-throughs and self-help articles, depending on the person’s role and their location within the application.
Whatfix vs. SAP Enable Now
Whatfix is a leading DAP alternative to SAP Enable Now that you can also deploy either in the cloud or on-premises. Each platform promises to accelerate user adoption of your SAP software investments. However, Whatfix offers a more complete and flexible set of DAP features that also extend to customer-facing product onboarding. Simple content creation, adoption everywhere, flexible deployment, and open ecosystem are few of the reasons why Whatfix overshadows SAP Enable Now.
One other key differentiator for Whatfix over SAP Enable Now is the support factor. Whatfix is consistently rated as a customer service leader, giving users at companies of all sizes peace of mind as they encounter employee training challenges.
Whatfix vs. AppLearn
AppLearn being a relatively new solution offers limited capabilities. While AppLearn is focused almost entirely on employee training, Whatfix offers solutions for both internal- and customer-facing applications. Whatfix is a pioneer in digital adoption and offers quality support and sophistication to assist with training, onboarding, and change management. It leverages behavioral target
Whatfix vs. Userlane
As a customer and employee onboarding tool, Whatfix outperforms Userlane in knowledge management, analytics, and personalization through contextual segmentation. Whatfix makes sure that your employees learn faster and perform better, and it also lets you know how you can improve both your product and your onboarding flow, based on user behavior.
Walkme vs. Apty
On the surface, Apty offers a similar set of basic functionalities as that of Whatfix. But, on a granular level, Whatfix outperforms Apty in the quality of customer support. Whatfix offers localization of content with support for multiple languages and multi-format training. It further incorporates existing training content into your in-app self-help menu to foster a self-serve culture.
More often than not, customers end up paying more because of stringent pricing. However, this isn’t the case with Whatfix. Unlike a lot of Whatfix alternatives, we offer flexible pricing, making Whatfix the most cost-effective product on the market.
Whatfix doesn’t and can’t offer a flat fee-based pricing model to customers for the simple reason that no two implementations are alike. Whatfix costs depend on a number of factors viz. the number of users accessing Whatfix content, the base application on which Whatfix is deployed, the mode of deployment, and so on. For that reason, it is always advisable that prospects get in touch with Whatfix to understand the pricing model and participate in building a quote for them.
You pay only for the features you opt for.
Whatfix Competitors: Comparison Tables
Ultimately, choosing a WalkMe alternative comes down to comparing features and value for money and finding the best fit for your business.
To make your decision easier, we created comparison tables so you can easily see the differences between WalkMe and its top competitors.
|Create in-app content such as guided product tours, walkthroughs, smart tips, task lists, and more.||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Embed knowledge base wiki that link to external resources and track support question and search trends||🚫||✅||🚫||🚫|
|Directly integrates with your LMS||✅||✅||✅||🚫|
|Autogenerate content into multiple formats and languages, as well as automatically pull in existing training content into your self-help wiki||🚫||✅||🚫||🚫|
|Collect feedback with in-app surveys||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Communicate with users directly with in-app messaging||🚫||✅||✅||✅|
|Train users on mobile and web-based apps||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Integrates directly with all major enterprise software vendors including Salesforce, SAP, Microsoft, and more||✅||✅||✅||✅|
Why Whatfix Outperforms Its Competitors
You can use any of the above-mentioned Whatfix alternatives to create basic product tours, and they all offer in-app survey and analytics features.
However, overall, Whatfix stands out from the rest because of its ease of use, variety of features, versatility, and customizability. Whatfix disrupts the way end-users consume content, thereby maximizing your ROI and employee productivity.
The customer-centric approach is reflected by our accolades and recognition in the industry. We are extremely proud to share that in 2021 we are the sole recipient of the Gold Stevie® Award in the customer satisfaction category and a winner of the Silver Stevie® Award for best customer service department of the year. We were also named a finalist for the BIG Excellence in Customer Service Award and got recognized as a 2021 Top Rated product by TrustRadius in the Digital Adoption category based on our user reviews.
Don’t see your answer? Send a message to our live chat, we’d be happy to help!
Absolutely! You can sign up for a free trial to give Whatfix a test drive here.
Daniel Newman, principal analyst and founding partner at Futurum Research, says to understand the foundation of digital transformation, you have to look closely at the six pillars of digital transformation.
He argues that digital transformation is not about technology; it’s about “tech-enabled change.” And, to look beyond the technology aspect, focus on the pillars that support the change.
- Experiences — Experiences could refer to the customer and/or employee experience. Successful digital transformations lead to a positive experience for the people who are affected by it. Ask yourself — will this initiative improve how I connect with my customers? Will the transformation help employees become more efficient?
- People — Remember: culture is a top driver of digital transformation as well as its greatest barrier. You cannot neglect the people affected by tech-enabled changes and expect positive results. You can strengthen the people pillar by designating change leaders who actively support and accelerate your transformation. The key is to design an initiative that leverages technology to improve the human experience.
- Change — Transformations can’t happen without change. Luckily, you can address the change pillar by borrowing from proven change management models and best practices in change management communication.The change pillar encourages you to communicate your expectations for a transformation and establish clear goals. This pillar also ties back to the people pillar, as no change can be successful without the support of the people affected by it.
- Innovation — Newman defines innovation as “a sudden spark of creativity that leads to the creation of something that changes the face of your business.”The innovation pillar focuses on creating space for collaboration and new ideas. Innovation supports digital transformation by encouraging businesses to find creative solutions to problems.
- Leadership — If you aren’t leading, no one is following. It’s crucial for leaders to proactively monitor not just the implementation plan but also the outcome of any digital transformation initiative. It’s leadership’s responsibility to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and guide teams towards a successful transformation.
- Culture — Business culture is a crucial aspect of digital transformation. Newman recommends a people-first approach — worry about employee and customer experience first and then move onto technology.
Whatfix supports both cloud and on-premise implementations.
For our cloud offering, you just need to install our Whatfix Editor extension on Chrome or Firefox and you are ready to get started. The user experience of our editor is so simple that you can create interactive guides easily, with no technical setup required.
We also offer full support on on-premise setups. Whatfix guides can be exported and deployed on your own web server with our on-premises export version.
Our customers use Whatfix for a variety of use cases, including:
- Supporting change and digital transformation efforts.
- On-demand employee training, onboarding, and performance support across your software applications.
- Building UI elements such as product tours and walkthroughs for better user onboarding experiences.
- Creating self-help portals to provide end-users and customers with on-demand guidance and support.
Our customers range from SMBs, large enterprises, and Fortune 100 companies across verticals, including:
- SaaS companies
- eCommerce marketplaces
- Insurance companies
- Healthcare providers
- Media companies
…and many more – all solving their digital adoption challenges by empowering their employees, customers, and end-users with Whatfix.
Request a demo to see how Whatfix empowers organizations to scale enterprise-wide changes, improve user productivity, and drive user adoption fast.