With the digital adoption platform software market growing at a faster pace (at a CAGR of 15.5% by 2027), there is a proliferation of tools in the DAP market which claim to be a Whatfix alternative in their bid to grab attention and try to capture a share of the market.
However, looking for a Whatfix alternative might not be a great idea!
Whatfix outsmarts the point vendors and is a complete solution to offer in-app guidance, personalized experience, and analytics to provide actionable insights.
We compared Whatfix features and pricing to five key competitors to make it easier for you to find the right user onboarding and employee training solution for your company’s needs.
What is Whatfix?
Whatfix is a leading digital adoption solution that offers both cloud and on-premise deployment. It aims at helping companies onboard, train, and support remote and in-office employees on enterprise applications to drive user adoption, cut training and support costs and improve productivity at scale.
Whatfix is deployed globally and trusted by a big number of Fortune 500 companies to improve adoption, agility, and empower users. Whatfix is one of the highly rated solutions on G2, Capterra, and Gartner which provides a highly personalized learning experience.
Why is Whatfix Better Than Every Whatfix Alternative?
Although while comparing digital adoption solutions, Whatfix alternatives might share few capabilities with Whatfix as user onboarding software but, following unique functionalities differentiate Whatfix from its competitors-
- Ease of Use: Whatfix offers a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface to its end-users. Right from content creation to consumption the ease of use is unparalleled and doesn’t require any prior knowledge. It transforms a newbie into a pro by offering interactive on-screen guidance and improving customer onboarding experience.
- Code-Free Content Management: Whatfix includes technical capabilities like content aggregation, Smart Context, and algorithmic element detection—all of which create a true no-code experience. It’s extremely easy to create product walkthroughs. Bi-directional integration with all content repositories makes content management easy, even for non-technical users.
- Multiformat training: When you create training content like walk-throughs, Whatfix can automatically generate the content in multiple formats, including slideshows, videos, or articles. When you update the original, the other formats are automatically updated as well.
- Contextual self-help menu: When users open the in-app self-help menu, Whatfix shows them on-screen guidance, the most relevant resources based on their role and where they are within the application. Leverage Whatfix’s content aggregation capabilities to organize your existing content and make it accessible from the self-help menu along with content created after implementing Whatfix.
- LMS integration: Whatfix offers SCORM- and xAPI-compliant packages to integrate with your learning management system. You can create and launch interactive courses and load existing walk-throughs into your LMS.
- Enterprise platform integration: Whatfix works seamlessly on both the customer- and employee-facing aspects of top platforms like Salesforce, Workday, and ServiceNow.
- Flexible deployment models: Simply offering cloud and on-premises deployment models isn’t enough for some organizations. Whatfix is the only DAP vendor that provides a self-hosted model that accesses content locally with no connection to the public cloud at all.
- Secure & Reliable: Whatfix deployment is highly secure as we are ISO 27001 and SOC 2 certified, and GDPR compliant.
- Open Ecosystem: Whatfix integrates with all of your existing applications and tools—including analytics platforms and single sign-on tools. With 50+ exposed APIs,Whatfix maximizes user experience by simplifying data integration across your organization.
Apart from these features, Whatfix offers stellar customer support and can proudly say that it has industry-leading customer support (9.8/10, according to user reviews on G2) that ensures organizations always get the most ROI from their DAP investments. Customer suggestions and requests make up about 60% of the Whatfix product roadmap. And with a transparent pricing model that includes unlimited customer support, it’s easy to see how Whatfix delivers value beyond the product.
Whatfix Offers the Most Competitive Pricing
More often than not, customers end up paying more because of stringent pricing. However, this isn’t the case with Whatfix. Unlike a lot of Whatfix alternatives, we offer flexible pricing, making Whatfix the most cost effective product on the market.
Whatfix doesn’t and can’t offer a flat fee based pricing model to customers for the simple reason that no two implementations are alike. Whatfix cost depends on a number of factors viz. the number of users accessing Whatfix content, the base application on which Whatfix is deployed, the mode of deployment and so on. For that reason, it is always advisable that prospects get in touch with Whatfix to understand the pricing model and participate in building a quote for them.
You pay only for the features you opt for!
Whatfix: The Most Flexible Digital Adoption Solution
We compared five Whatfix competitors and alternatives to help you decide which DAP is right for your business. Use the following information about SAP Enable Now, WalkMe, AppLearn, Userlane, and Apty to simplify your search for a platform that supports user onboarding and product adoption needs.
Whatfix Vs. SAP Enable Now
Whatfix is a leading DAP alternative to SAP Enable Now that you can also deploy either in the cloud or on-premises. Each platform promises to accelerate user adoption of your SAP software investments. However, Whatfix offers a more complete and flexible set of DAP features that also extend to customer-facing product onboarding. Simple content creation, adoption everywhere, flexible deployment, and open ecosystem are few of the reasons why Whatfix overshadows SAP Enable Now.
One other key differentiator for Whatfix over SAP Enable Now is the support factor. Whatfix is consistently rated as a customer service leader, giving users at companies of all sizes peace of mind as they encounter employee training challenges.
Whatfix Vs. WalkMe
Unlike Walkme, Whatfix offers a superior analytics capability for actionable insights. Whatfix also reduces content creation time by creating multi-format content simultaneously and fostering a self-serve culture. Whatfix allows its users to obtain automatic contextual help via a self-help widget. As evident from the G2 comparison, Whatfix rates higher on most of the parameters.
Whatfix Vs. AppLearn
AppLearn being a relatively new solution offers limited capabilities. While AppLearn is focused almost entirely on employee training, Whatfix offers solutions for both internal- and customer-facing applications. Whatfix is a pioneer in digital adoption and offers quality support and sophistication to assist with training, onboarding, and change management. It leverages behavioral target
Whatfix Vs. Userlane
As a customer and employee onboarding tool, Whatfix outperforms Userlane in knowledge management, analytics, and personalization through contextual segmentation. Whatfix makes sure that your employees learn faster and perform better, and it also lets you know how you can improve both your product and your onboarding flow, based on user behavior.
Whatfix Vs. Apty
On the surface, Apty offers a similar set of basic functionalities as that of Whatfix. But, on a granular level, Whatfix outperforms Apty in the quality of customer support. Whatfix offers localization of content with support for multiple languages and multi-format training. It further incorporates existing training content into your in-app self-help menu to foster a self-serve culture.
Whatfix Competitor Comparison Table
|Product Features||Whatfix||WalkMe||AppLearn||SAP Enable Now||Userlane||Apty|
|1||Create guided product tours
for customer onboarding
|2||Create guided walk-throughs for
|3||Leverage user segmentation to create walk-throughs for specific roles and personas||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|4||Develop task lists and knowledge-base
resources to supplement walkthroughs
|5||Directly integrate the platform with your LMS||✅||✅||✅|
|6||Create pop-up tips to help with
data entry or highlight new features
|7||Include links in your pop-ups to
internal content or external sites
|8||Train users and gather insights
on mobile applications
|9||Train users and gather insights
on web-based applications
|10||Train employees to use major platforms
like Salesforce and Workday
|11||Automatically incorporate existing training content into your in-app self-help menu||✅||✅|
|12||Automatically generate content in multiple formats to suit different learning styles||✅|
|13||Translate content into multiple languages to organize and manage rollouts across countries||✅|
|14||Communicate directly with
users via in-app messaging
|15||Collect feedback from users with in-app surveys||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|16||Leverage usage analytics to see where people are encountering issues while using the product||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|17||Track the types of support queries users
search for, and whether they find answers
to their questions
|18||Use the self-hosted option instead of cloud-based for added security||✅||✅|
Why Enterprises Choose Whatfix?
You can use any of the above-mentioned Whatfix alternatives to create basic product tours, and they all offer in-app survey and analytics features.
However, overall, Whatfix stands out from the rest because of its ease of use, variety of features, versatility, and customizability. Whatfix disrupts the way end-users consume content, thereby maximizing your ROI and employee productivity.
The customer-centric approach is reflected by our accolades and recognition in the industry. We are extremely proud to share that in 2021 we are the sole recipient of the Gold Stevie® Award in the customer satisfaction category and a winner of the Silver Stevie® Award for best customer service department of the year. We were also named a finalist for the BIG Excellence in Customer Service Award and got recognized as a 2021 Top Rated product by TrustRadius in the Digital Adoption category based on our user reviews.
However, don’t just believe what we say! See for yourself.
Start your free trial of Whatfix digital adoption platform and discover why it’s trusted by the Fortune 500 companies worldwide.