Now that the trend for remote work has been more popular post-COVID, traditional instructor-led learning sessions are no longer an effective employee training method. To keep in pace with the remote work culture and maintain high workforce productivity, organizations are leveraging corporate LMS (learning management systems) to provide its employees a remote, flexible, learn-at-your-own-pace, and personalized training experience.
What Is a Corporate Learning Management System (LMS)?
A corporate learning management system provides a framework that handles all aspects of your employee training – from housing to delivering to tracking the training content. Corporate LMS is designed to make life easier for L&D teams by helping them identify and assess both individual and organizational learning goals, track progress towards meeting those goals, and collect data for supervising and improving the learning process.
Find out how a DAP can help you provide effective software training to employees, ease out remote onboarding, maintain employee productivity, and ensure overall business continuity.
Benefits of Corporate LMS Platforms
Let’s have a look at some of the most significant benefits of corporate LMS platforms.
1. Unlimited access to eLearning materials
Once an organization creates, uploads, and publishes learning content to a corporate LMS, employees have unlimited access to the information at all times. Employees have the freedom to simply login to the LMS from any device and start learning – at any time. This is one of the main reasons corporate LMS tools are essential for global audiences in different time zones.
2. eLearning content is organized at one location
Corporate LMS software stores all of your eLearning content in one, centralized location. This saves your workforce time going through multiple drives and devices to find content, and reduces the risk of losing important training material and data. Every member of your team can access the content if you’re using a cloud-based learning management system, making it a natural fit for online collaboration.
3. Easily tracks learner progress and performance
Corporate LMS platforms have built-in tracking systems to measure training effectiveness, keep track of learner progress, ensure the completion of performance milestones, and identify areas for development and improvement. Training managers can use corporate LMS tracking systems to access reports on individual employees and decide when to offer additional attention to specific learners, with a clear perspective on where they need to improve.
Optimized accessibility is one of the most significant benefits of corporate LMS. All online courses and study materials can be accessed anytime via phones, tablets, or laptops. Learners also get easily accessible support for technical questions and course inquiries.
5. Cut costs
A corporate LMS saves organizations the employee training costs associated with traditional classroom training such as printing out learning material, instructor fees and accommodation costs, travel, etc. LMS make employee training easier, more accessible, and effective – while also providing a significant ROI.
Features of Corporate LMS Tools
Here are a few commonly found features of corporate learning management systems:
1. Multimedia features
A corporate LMS incorporates multimedia files such as images, PowerPoint presentations, audios, videos, etc., to make an organization’s learning content more interactive and engaging for employees.
2. Learner Feedback
For an LMS to work successfully and effectively, learner feedback is essential. A corporate LMS allows learners to give their feedback on the training courses in the form of post-training feedback surveys. This empowers organizations to assess the efficacy and impact of training programs, improve its learning content and delivery, identify strengths, and deliver improved lessons that benefit all of its employees.
E-commerce features of corporate LMS software allows organizations to sell its courses online to other communities or businesses and generate another revenue stream.
Different learners have different training needs, learning styles, or technological abilities. Corporate LMS tools cater to the different training needs of every individual by providing personalized training programs in different formats according to their learning preferences, goals, and preferred language.
5. Mobile Learning
A good corporate LMS enables employees to access training programs on their mobile devices and learn anywhere and at any time.
11 Best Corporate LMS in 2021
Here are 11 of these best corporate learning management systems for L&D teams in 2021.
1. Nittio Learn - now Whatfix
Nittio Learn empowers learning & development teams to build learning experiences that reduce training turn-around and ramp-up time for today’s digital workers. Now, the Nittio Learn LMS platform has now been added to Whatfix’s industry-leading digital adoption solution to create a powerful and innovative employee training software solution for organizations.
Whatfix’s digital adoption platform disrupts typical application training, learning, and support content by providing contextual, interactive, real-time, and autonomous user guidance – driving additional digital adoption and productivity gains for employees. With Whatifix, your employees follow in-app guidance and interactive walkthroughs to become a proficient user on a new software or application. Its self-support knowledge bases allow employees to learn without the need for IT or support tickets.
Key Features of Whatfix
- Augments training by helping employees in learning in the flow of work within the business application.
- Allows employees to access all the training resources from within the web application.
- Whatfix is one of the best SCORM authoring tools that allows you to design in-app guidance to walk users through each step of application use cases
- In-app content and course creation.
- Personalized learning flows for various user types or job roles.
- Design interactive guides with zero coding using a simple-to-use editor.
- Self-service employee knowledge centers.
- Easy-to-create in-app content such as guided walkthroughs, tutorials, tooltips, help desks, knowledge centers, etc.
- Measure the effectiveness of your user engagement using advanced analytics through feedback surveys.
Paylocity’s learning management system assigns courses for employees that are tailored to train the workforce on new skills, policies, products, and more. The tool allows subject matter experts to create bite-sized modules in the form of microlearning and share that knowledge with their peers. One of the major attractions of Paylocity is its mobile app that enables employees to take learning on the go.
Key Features of Paylocity
- Variety of course delivery methods, including on-demand and webinars.
- Accessible, out-of-the-box resources on health & wellness, working remotely, workplace inclusion, and more.
- Content is searched by training title or filter by the supervisor, department, cost center, or office location.
- Sends timely reminders to employees for improving completion rates.
- Training effectiveness is measured via quizzes and surveys.
- Importable interactive, web-ready coursework files like AICC, SCORM, xAPI, or CMI-5.
3. SAP Litmos
With the SAP Litmos LMS, training is deployed in days and can be quickly integrated with other critical business systems such as a CRM, HRIS, or web conferencing tool. It enables targeted learning, boosts employee engagement, and protects brands by keeping organization’s compliant.
Key Features of SAP Litmos
- Choose from 30+ out-of-the-box connectors or build your own using open APIs.
- Data is encrypted and stored behind a firewall.
- Offers ready-to-access courses in compliance, leadership and management, communication and social skills, etc.
- Track course completion, test averages, content popularity, etc. with built-in reporting and analytics.
- 35+ preconfigured languages for users.
- Create dynamic SCORM content within the LMS.
- Automate a wide variety of tasks like adding new users, group enrollment, and learning path assignments.
- Costlier if your e-learning project is smaller than 150 learners/month.
TalentLMS is a corporate LMS platform with a focus on employee training, employee onboarding, and compliance training. It is a cloud-based LMS that makes it ideal for training both in-house and remote employees. TalentLMS is mobile-friendly and allows employees to learn at their own pace and start-and-stop at their leisure.
Key Features of TalentLMS
- Build courses from scratch using all types of media like videos, presentations, and docs – or reuse content you’ve already created.
- Use the blended learning method to train learners.
- Gamified elements can be added to make the courses more exciting.
- Video conferencing and messaging tools facilitate seamless communications.
- Cater to a global audience in different linguistic regions.
- Manage and monitor training progress.
- Deliver live learning sessions.
- Deliver interactive courses supporting the latest eLearning content standards, like SCORM, xAPI, and cmi5.
LearnUpon’s corporate LMS provides a suite of tools to build, assign, monitor, and measure employee training and learning programs in one centralized hub. Combining user-focused technology and industry-leading expertise, LearnUpon helps businesses deliver impactful training that improves employee onboarding and development and fuels success.
Key Features of LearnUpon
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and 24/7 available global support.
- Automate the recurring parts of your training process.
- Deliver blended learning with ILT modules and choose from a number of webinar integrations to simplify webinar delivery.
- Supplement course content with engaging features like surveys, exams and assignments, badges and certificates.
- Automated report scheduling.
- Offers an engaging learning experience as employees can comment, post, and share their ideas with others.
Lessonly is an employee training software that simplifies training creation, implementation, and management for organizations. Lessonly trains employees by following custom-authored courses. Training effectiveness is measured with on-demand practice exams and quizzes.
Key Features of Lessonly
- An automated learning system that manages itself.
- Quiz questions and free-response questions engage learners and monitor the progress of an individual.
- Easy-to-use lesson builder supports a wide variety of content and media to enable easy creation of lessons.
- Internal wiki knowledge base with custom branding.
- Lessonly’s analytics tools track learning engagement, measure employee growth, reveal key insights, etc.
- If you decide to move away from SCORM, Lessonly contains everything you need to create robust, dynamic content without additional tools or software.
7. Articulate Storyline 360
Articulate Storyline is a Windows desktop course authoring tool that leverages PowerPoint’s look and feel – and overall well-known UX/UI. It has a modest learning curve considering its flexibility it offers. The tool can be used to develop interactive courses that work on every device without any manual adjusting.
Key Features of Articulate Storyline 360:
- It’s intuitive, familiar, and integrates seamlessly with Content Library 360 to build courses with high-quality assets.
- Supports most eLearning formats – AICC, SCORM, xAPI (TinCan), Windows.
- The responsive player dynamically adapts to tablet and smartphone screens, providing an optimal view of your course on every device.
- The player hides sidebar menus, eliminates browser chrome, and delivers mobile-friendly playback controls optimized for every screen size.
- The responsive player supports touchscreen gestures like drag, pinch-to-zoom, etc., on tablets and mobile devices.
- Simulations are created in minutes.
- Easily translate courses for learners across the globe.
Docebo LMS has a powerful configuration engine that lets you create audience-specific pages using flexible, drag-and-drop functionality to get your learning programs up and running quickly. It is praised for its ease of use, high configurability, robust learning management, delivery functionalities, and affordable pricing model.
Key Features of Docebo:
- Support remote learning with a continuous learning experience on any mobile device anytime, anywhere, online or offline with Docebo’s mobile app.
- The interface of your learning experience can be personalized for different audiences.
- Docebo is available in 40+ languages.
- Provides personalized learning that adjusts on the fly to align employee learning needs with business needs.
- Market your online courses to customers with Docebo’s e-commerce app.
With Paycor’s corporate LMS, administrators can organize training programs by individuals, teams, or departments. They can create interactive online course content with surveys, quizzes, and assessments. The courses are designed to be mobile optimized for learners to access from anywhere. Other features include gamification, multiple learning paths, and alerts/notifications.
Key Features of Paycor
- Employees earn badges and points as they complete courses, compete against other organization members, and chat with other learners on course discussion boards.
- Create content with the online course builder to tailor learning paths for groups, teams, departments, or individuals.
- Provides an extensive course library covering topics including personal development, HR, policy, and compliance to help create courses quickly.
- Paycor Learning offers detailed recordkeeping to ensure compliance if questions arise.
- Reduces administrative overhead by automating small tasks like notifying learners of upcoming assignments or issuing course completion certificates.
- Customizable dashboards to showcase important data with metrics and actionable insights highlighting improvements in training strategy.
10. Adobe Captivate Prime LMS
Features of Adobe Captivate Prime LMS:
- The system automatically checks the quality of learner content by approving only those that meet a particular quality score.
- Learners can post their content like videos, audio clips, and screenshots to social learning discussion boards to open discussion with peers.
- Provides a 24*7 online help centres.
- Automatically tracks all online learning activities such as assessments, course progress, skill-level attainment, and learning status to ensure accurate reporting.
- Auto-assigns learning programs to users and strategizes content based on their previous learning activity.
- Creates learning groups automatically based on unique identifiable attributes.
- Enables gamification among peer groups with their performance mapped on a leaderboard.
11. Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand delivers a personalized and employee-driven learning experience that is intuitive, easy to navigate, and is powered by machine learning to deliver recommended content based on learner behavior, interests, and career. It is a robust LMS your organization needs and provides a personalized learning that employees love.
Key Features of Cornerstone OnDemand
- Support learners worldwide with automated assignments, comprehensive completion records, version control, and auditing, and multiple languages.
- Empower employees to learn anytime, anywhere with the Cornerstone iOS and Android app.
- Offers a variety of formats — including audio, video, digital docs, instructor-led, and virtual reality
- Build custom reports to help track metrics and illuminate ways to improve learning.
- Offers binge-worthy, netflix-style learning content.
A corporate LMS facilitates employee onboarding, employee training, and career development without excessive costs and loss of productivity.
Selecting a suitable corporate LMS for your organization can be challenging and takes a great deal of time and money. There are many things to keep in mind while choosing the ideal software – if it will solve your business problems, if it has the features to fit your training needs, if it’s easy to learn, etc. This article lists the top employee training corporate LMS systems and their key features to help you choose the best solution according to your business needs and training requirements.
Sign up for a free Whatfix demo today to see how real-time in-app training programs allow you to train employees on-demand while providing insights to measure training effectiveness.